Monday, January 30, 2006

Alive and Kickin'

Dearies!

I'm somewhere in the great State of Louisiana for the next two weeks. I arrived on Friday and have spent the better part of six hours on various phone calls with multiple help desks resolving a multitude of technology issues. Slowly but surely I'm catching up on all y'alls (the plural of y'all is "all y'alls") blogs. I can give you a brief bullet point update on the last few days:

1. I'd like to give a shout out to God for giving the brains to the person who invented books on tape. It is the must have item for the 10 hour drive.

2. Only tourists drive the speed limit in Louisiana.

3. I'm not sure how I will control the food issue thingy with all this fabulous food.

4. The people here are reallllly nice and I picked up the accent in my first three minutes inside the state line.

5. My parents drove 8 hours to come have dinner with me. They spent the night in a hotel and drove home the next day. In my family, that is perfectly normal. My mother brought me a stack of magazines and my sister sent a bunch of sample size lotions/make up products. MY FAMILY ROCKS!

6. I drove across the Lake Ponchatrain Bridge!!! It is like 23 miles long. It is wild. It feels like you are driving across an ocean or something. Here's a picture I took while driving:

7. The Man is coming in this weekend to spend some time with me - we'll probably eat like tics on a hog. Lovely. We might try our luck at power ball and a few slot machines.

I'll write more later, but my eyes are so tired they are burning.

PS - I guess I shouldn't quit my day job. Look at that picture. But, hey, I took it while driving. Safety first !

12 Comments:

Blogger mama_tulip said...

How cool that your parents drove to spend time with you! And I'd probably be tempted to dive face-first into the food down there. Oink.

7:43 PM  
Blogger No name said...

Well, now, if you have to be away from home, at least it's in a place with good food. Happy hoggin'! :o)

7:52 PM  
Anonymous TB said...

Have lots of cajun and creole for me!

8:43 PM  
Blogger Ditsy Chick said...

Have you tried the benets? Gotta have the benets. You should look up Melanhead.

Enjoy. I am impressed you took a picture while driving.

9:16 PM  
Blogger The Gradual Gardener said...

I'm so glad you opted to take the trip! Enjoy!

5:12 AM  
Blogger Arabella said...

Your family is awesome! Have a great time. :)

6:13 AM  
Blogger wordgirl said...

Keep your eyes on the road, SV!

6:52 AM  
Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

I've been across that lake many times - please do keep your eyes on the road.

Let us know what its like. I've seen some mighty depressing pictures.

8:24 AM  
Blogger Tink said...

Don't forget to try the Crawdads! Pinch the tail, suck the head. Hmmm. That sounds like a Kama Sutra technique.

8:38 AM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

Glad you're alive. :)

12:54 PM  
Blogger Suburban Turmoil said...

Aw man, I'm jealous. I love Louisiana. Have fun and eat lots of po'boys!

8:08 PM  
Blogger Mignon said...

I'm glad you're back (with us, that is)!
And I think the photo is perfect. Everything I take out a car window looks like the shiny reflection of a car window.
(Calories consumed while away from home don't count, by the way, and especially calories consumed while in Louisiana!)

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

php hit counter Terror Alert Level