Monday, January 16, 2006

Fun with Tags

Okay, I'll jump in and do the lastest meme as outlined on Wordgirl's blog. I'll stick with the five as I like that number better than four.

Five Jobs I've Had:

1. Working for a United States Senator - fascinating. Makes all the government classes make sense.

2. Sales at a classic rock radio station - not as much fun as you'd think.

3. Part-time at an independent video store - this was just when the first Blockbuster was going up. It was probably my favorite job.

4. Submarine sandwich place - DELICIOUS!

5. Market research company - lost my voice twice interviewing Mary Kay representatives. Also interviewed doctor's about their opinions of potato chips.

Five Movies I'd Watch Over and Over

1. Rear Window

2. The Shadow of the Thin Man

3. Heathers

4. Blazing Saddles

5. Babette's Feast


Five Places I've Lived: This is too much for my anonymity clause. I will tell you about my neighbors:

1. Mafia don's granddaughter
2. High school football player who moved to a better district to play more. He was 16 and lived in an apartment by himself!
3. Next to a guy and girl that would hurl bicycles and vacuum cleaner parts at each other when they argued.
4. Two white guys that insisted you take your shoes off prior to entering their home.
5. A guy who has "changed his name" and is "running from his family". It took me two seconds on the internet to figure out who he really was.

Five Shows I Love to Watch:

1. GILMORE GIRLS!!!!
2. Law & Order Criminal Intent
3. Dominic Dunne's "Power, Priviledge & Justice"
4. Will & Grace
5. The Closer

Five Websites I visit Daily:

1. WordGirl - quality writing
2. Google Earth
3. Dooce
4. Wells Fargo
5. A socialites life

Five of My Favorite Foods:

1. Mac n Cheese
2. Spaghetti
3. Any kind of casserole
4. Chicken enchiladas
5. Shrimp

Five Places I'd Rather Be Right Now:

1. At the beach, reading a book with some shrimp and a glass of fat bastard.
2. With the Man, at our old deer lease, reading a book with some spaghetti and a glass of fat bastard.
3. With my childhood friend in Orlando, discussing life over enchiladas and a glass of fat bastard.
4. With family doing genealogy research in a foreign country, hopefully they have mac n' cheese.
5. On the couch, with the Man, watching a new episode of Gilmore Girls, with a casserole that has some kind of cheese and breadcrumbs on top and a glass of fat bastard.

Pay it forward!

13 Comments:

Blogger Mignon said...

I must check out this fat bastard. (and fun to say, to boot!)

4:26 PM  
Blogger The Gradual Gardener said...

How on earth do you get your man to watch Gilmore Girls? Mine practically runs screaming from the room whenever my daughter puts it on.

5:31 PM  
Anonymous Jessica said...

I'm sensing a theme . . .

5:32 PM  
Blogger Ditsy Chick said...

Running from his family....that sounds scary.

I am so bad at these things, but I love everyone elses.

8:39 PM  
Blogger mama_tulip said...

Heathers! I love that movie!

6:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmm. Mac'n'cheese!

7:11 AM  
Blogger Tink said...

There's a pattern to your "Places I'd Rather Be." I just can't *hic* put my finger on *hic*.

8:36 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Blazing Saddles - holy moly, I haven't thought about that movie in years! Great movie.

You've had some very interesting neighbors. LOL

8:42 AM  
Anonymous TB said...

Just watched Blazing Saddles again recently. Sooo funny. J always laughs when I say he's jumping around like a Kansas City faggot.
We had a little dinner question recently while out with friends about the one food you would pick if you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life. I picked shrimp. yum.

1:11 PM  
Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

Trying to get over the hurt and pain over not being listed as one of the blogs you read....the 16 year old living alone in an apartment to play in another district???? People do things like that?

6:18 PM  
Blogger Shrinking Violet said...

Debbie - hey you're on my blog roll! And, yes, football high school football players have been known to do such things. Ditsy, the guy and his family are not scary, just stupid. Gradual, he owes me after all the history channel shows I've watched regarding WWII and Korea. Favorite Line - THIS IS GOING TO COST A SHITLOAD OF DIMES!

8:44 AM  
Blogger wordgirl said...

It doesn't get any funnier than Slim Pickens.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Rock said...

I'm a big Law & Order Criminal Intent guy myself - its that Hardy Boy in me.

I just ran across this Fat Bastard stuff in the store the other day because I'm a Big Cab person - is it really good? Is it Big?

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

php hit counter Terror Alert Level