Thursday, January 12, 2006

Supremely Disgusted

Well, I found out today that my name is being "run up the flag pole" for a position within our company but in a different city. This is a uniquely political time in our company, so my work will be considered as much as my personality, team player-ness, etc. That is fine. They will review my time at the company and mull over each and every mistake. That is fine. That is their right. I'm okay with it, no matter what the decision. But, God knows I don't want to be judged by something I said 15 years ago when I first joined the ranks.

Thank God I'm not being nominated for the Supreme Court. I don't care which side of the aisle you vote, what the Senate does to ALL Supreme Court nominees is disgusting and reprehensible. Can you imagine being called on to defend something you said in college??? At 18 years of age I didn't remotely understand the effect that taxation and Gross National Product would have on my future, much less screaming "DON'T BOGART THAT JOINT" in a crowded room.

I can hear it now.....

Senate - Shrinking Violet, did you once call for the assassination of all snarky cafeteria workers at your college dining hall??

SV- Ummmm, maybe. I'm not sure. If it was that time that was the end of the semester and I was still drunk from the night before, there is a possibility.

Senate - Did you once refer to a University police officer as Barney Fife?

SV - he was TOWING my car THE DAY BEFORE GRADUATION!!!! And he wasn't allowed to carry a gun!!! What else would you call him??

Senate - Have you no respect for law enforcement? We see here you had in excess of 50 parking tickets while you were in college. Do you think we should just overlook such egregious behavior? SUCH HUBRIS????

SV - ummmm...yeah...I mean, I paid for the tickets. So, it's all water under the bridge, right? I mean, I got my degree so we're all sympatico....right?

Senate - SV your history is a disgrace to the robe. Consider yourself Borked.

SV - assholes....I didn't want your freakin' robe anyway. Freaks...Hey...Wordgirl...where's my bottle of Fat Bastard???

13 Comments:

Blogger mama_tulip said...

This was the laugh I needed today. THANK YOU.

4:16 PM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

*snicker snicker snicker*

6:28 PM  
Blogger Suburban Turmoil said...

Ha ha! You are awesome!

I will offer a Fat Bastard toast to you on that one. I love ordering it in restaurants, just to say 'I'll have a fat bastard, please.'

7:58 PM  
Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

You and Bodie the skiier....he had to apologize for skiing wasted.

You didn't do anything inappropriate with a coke can did you?? You can AND still make it on the court, ya know. Go all Clarence Thomas on 'em.

5:11 AM  
Blogger Arabella said...

How is Fat Bastard? I've never tried it. Maybe tonight's the night.

5:57 AM  
Blogger Shrinking Violet said...

If turning a Coke can into a bong is wrong, well, I'm Borked again. And, Fat Bastard has a chardonnay that is not too sweet. More on the acid side. I don't know a lot about wine, so I really don't know how to describe it. But, it is only $9.99 where I live. La Crema is really good, but it is $14.99. Yikes.

6:33 AM  
Blogger snaps79 said...

I just felt compelled to come by and say GOOD MORNING to another man with tits...haha!!

7:23 AM  
Blogger Tink said...

*Holds side* Ahahaha-ow-hahaha. That is one hella funny dialogue. Thank you for the morning laugh.

8:27 AM  
Blogger Mignon said...

I don't want to have to defend anything I said an hour ago, let alone 15 years ago!

1:55 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

HA HA! Fat Bastard - see, I knew we were related!

Good luck with the new position. I hope the process is less invasive than that.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

I think I had at LEAST 50 tickets in college myself.

Love the Barney Fife comment!

2:42 PM  
Blogger Ditsy Chick said...

lol - yes, I often think of the cum file that my teachers update all the way through school, with every misdeed I ever conceived of. Not much fun and neither is trail by peers, since most adults don't seem to know how to act like one.

10:31 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

50 PARKING TICKETS!!!??? I never got a parking ticket. I hit a brownie though.

Othersise, you're right.

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

php hit counter Terror Alert Level