Saturday, January 14, 2006

Vaya Con Dios Part II

Well, our fabulous friend Joe passed away. Jane is holding up well considering the loss and exhaustion. The Man and I drove yesterday to Joe's hometown for the viewing. The funeral and wake are to start in a few hours.

Joe would have been pleased at the turnout last night. He would have loved to have seen his friends laughing and smiling. And we were all laughing and smiling. I think this is The Man's first Protestant funeral. But no matter, mercifully, green bean casserole transcends religion and race.

Rest in peace my dear friend Joe.

12 Comments:

Blogger mama_tulip said...

My thoughts are with you...I'm so sorry.

7:35 AM  
Blogger wordgirl said...

He sounded like a great guy.

7:37 AM  
Blogger Arabella said...

I'm so sorry. Rest in peace, Joe.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Ditsy Chick said...

I am so sorry to hear he has passed. It is good to see that you are able to laugh and smile at his life.

1:56 PM  
Blogger CISSY said...

Heartfelt sympathy. It's hard to say goodbye.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts are with you, The Man, and Joe's family.

12:41 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

I am sorry to hear about your friend. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

5:03 PM  
Blogger Tink said...

(((Violet))) My sympathies to you guys.

9:06 AM  
Blogger snaps79 said...

Sorry that you've lost a good friend. I've never had the experience, and when it comes someday, I know it will be awful.

Off the subject, thanks for the list of advice on my blog. That's good stuff. :)

10:55 AM  
Anonymous TB said...

Hope you and the man are hanging in there. I'm thinking of you.

12:49 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Condolences here as well. I'm sure he'd appreciate your sense of humor...and the green bean casserole.

1:42 PM  
Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

Sorry.

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

php hit counter Terror Alert Level